Alien "the covenant"


So I didn't feel like going to work today and I decided to watch this movie that's been starring at me all week long. The title being, "alien covenant" which is a sequel to the 2012 movie, Prometheus.  I don't know, I really don't think it's a bad movie. I actually think it's good. Especially when one overlooks the fact that it's so predictable and also that the characters had no connection with the audience. A lot of characters are killed but they elicited little to zero pity from me because some how, as a dude Sitting in my room watching, I didn't care due to the simple fact that the director,(Sir Scott Ridley) did not do enough to make the characters memorable in the hearts of audiences. Now you see a film like game of thrones, if a character is killed, one tends to miss them because they are memorable characters.

 My sister loved it though. So am sure many people would too. But I don't think anyone who has an hunger for a good movie would wanna seat back and watch a second time
For those of you who are yet to watch it, let me tell you about the plot. Don't worry I won't spoil it. Everyone hates a spoiler.
Uhmm. Where do I begin? Okay, let's begin with the plot.
Plot
The movie is a science fiction horror film released in 2017.  It was directed by Ridley Scott. It's begins when earths surviving humans, on a space ship on their way to a distant planet are woken up by an artificial intelligence name Walter (played by Micheal Fassbender). As a result of an accident to the ship. The ship captain dies as a result leaving the reigns to his assistant. Meanwhile, they receive a signal from a planet they weren't aware existed and they decide to go check it out.

Characters.
The movie is played by Micheal Fassbender,  Catherine Waterston, Danny Mcbride, Jussie Smollet. Among others
With Fassbander's acting nothing short of excellent. Like this dude plays the role of a robot without emotions. But doesn't stop there, he goes on to play two different emotionless robots. And he makes anyone buy the authenticity of his performance.

Soundtrack was an "A" also and so was the cinematography. If only the director focused a little more on his plot and making his characters stay longer in our memories.
If you haven't watched it, and you love horror, this is a film for you. But if you have, what's your opinion? Did you enjoy watching the movie?

Comments

Unknown said…
The movie was nice, but it wasn't to my taste
Bold review said…
That's cause you love a great movie. And it was t a great movie
Unknown said…
Lol you got that right