WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES

REVIEW
I may be late to the party, but my grandma always said "better late than never" so although late to watching this film, it will not stop me from giving my honest opinion about it.
Don't worry, if you haven't watched it. Because I will not be giving any spoilers. You can therefore relax and continue to read.
War for the planet of the apes is the third installment of the latest reboot of the franchise and was expected to be the end of the movie series until actor, (Andy Serkis) confirmed the making of a fourth film.
 I do not intend to score this movie because I fear that I might be biased in doing so. However, it is difficult to over look some positives and negatives of the film.
The movie begins when Caesar (Andy Serkis) and his apes are forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless colonel (Woody Harrelson). After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind. As the journey finally brings them face to face, Caesar and the colonel are pitted against each other in an epic battle that will determine the fate of both of their species and the future of the planet
It stars Andy Serkis, Woody Harrelson, Steve Zahn and was directed by Matt Reeves.

 On the Positives of the film, one has to note the CGI which I shall not talk about. This is because,  a lot have already been said by reviewers about how good it was. So instead, I would dive straight to the sound track which was composed by Micheal Giacchino. Now if you know who Giacchino is, there would be no question to his genius. Already composing soundtracks to films as  Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, Star Trek Into Darkness, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Jurassic World, Inside Out, Zootopia, Star Trek Beyond, Doctor Strange, Rogue One, Spider-Man: Homecoming.  He has ones again created a tune that will put anyone in the mood ready to fight a gorilla or even Tarzan of the apes.
Moving past the sound tracks, the plot to the 3 sequel to an already popular franchise also did have a sensible plot to an extent. But what made it so great in my own opinion was the weight of the message and lesson it carried. And I could not but think that in some ways than one, it reminded me of the colonial oppression of the blacks  of Africa. Perhaps, this was the most influential reason why I have chosen not to rate the movie. I would have loved to talk more about this, but for fear of divulging too much information to people who are yet to watch, I will not.
While looking at the negative to this heart felt movie, I think the only point I can bring out after watching this why someone would not find this interesting is if they haven't watched the previous parts or if they have forgotten (in which case, I would advice a re-watch)
No matter what critics might say about this movie, I personally feel it's a great art work and deserve every possible praise

Click on this link to like our page on Facebook for more updates Link

Comments