Guardians of the Galaxy volume 2

Guardians of the Galaxy may have just won the 2017 teen choice awards but did the 2017 installment of the guardians of the Galaxy live up to my expectation? Well, with a personal rating of 7, I think it did. Although, I didn't feel any seriousness in the movie... The director (James Gunn) Probably did this intentional. In my opinion, My opinion, marvels comedic touches to their movies, is what gives them an edge over the DC universe. But I think we have gotten to the point where this movies need to add a little bit more seriousness than comedic relieves they offer. I do not intend to give any spoilers for those who are yet to watch the movie, so I will not point out specifics in the movie where I feel marvel might have gotten it wrong. But if one is to compare the most recent marvel film, SPIDERMAN;HOME COMING to this, one would see how balanced the comedy was with the action. And you get this feeling of seriousness which was totally absent in the guardians of the Galaxy.

Furthermore, the new avengers movie, INFINITY WARS will bring all this super heroes into a single screen. Let's hope Anthony Russo brings in more seriousness than James Gunn.
Overall, it was a good watch. Certainly something that most people can seat back and watch over and over again. Especially if one is into comedy genres.
It's stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Kurt Russel and Vin Diesel among others

Comments