Justice league: movie review

 It's the holidays and I'm free from my very busy job. so, what better way to celebrate the holiday than the much talked about Justice league. before I go further I would like to wish all my wonderful readers a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

  Getting back to the Justice League. First and foremost I admit that I have read a lot of reviews and comments about the movie before watching it. Most of which were negative reviews. So its fair to say, I had a preset mind. Notwithstanding that, I can honestly say that I enjoyed watching it. There were scenes that as a comic book fan, brought me joy and the ecstasy of which still hasn't left me. Overall, I believe people are entitled to their opinions and there are different strokes for different folks. But to say that justice league was a pain on the eyes is nothing but a big fat lie and is an opinion fueled by prejudice. Yes! It wasnt up to standard, and there were some scenes that felt cliche and predictable, justice league still got some things right. And those things should be said more and not just how it wasn't has good as the avengers.
I will post an article later on the reasons justice league wasn't a complete fail but for now, here are some of my observations.

From the trailer: if one is to go back and watch the trailer to justice league again, you will notice one major thing. And thats the fact that some scenes which were initially in the clips where no where to be found in the movie. Its not new under the sun for such to happen in the movie industry. But it helps give a much needed clearer picture on why the film which was over 1hr 50mins felt as though I was watching nothing but a summary to a lengthier movie.
Leading many fans to feel a directors cut would be better to watch and might be the only salvation for this movie.

The humur: if the DCEU has been known for anything in recent time, it is that they appear a bit darker, more serious and a bit grim than their counterpart in the MCU. To me, this fact has kept a balance in the comic book world and has provided DCEU a tool to stay relevant. Reason being that, they have provided a sort of opposite feel to that provided by marvel. Not everybody wants to laugh while watching a film that's meant to be serious. Not everyone wants an action comedy.
When people go in to the cinemas to watch a batman movie, they know what to expect. They know things are about to get dark. Regardless of popular opinion, this has been their signature and something the fans needed.
All that being said, justice league scraps all that away with its countless failed attempts at jokes that simply weren't funny. All I saw and heard for every forced jokes by the flash was how how much DC really wanted to be like marvel and possibly get positive review from critics.

Similarities between avengers and justice league: okay, maybe this is just me. I might be wrong or right. You be the judge. But while watching this movie, I could not help but notice the similarities between justice league and avengers. In both movies, you had a bad guy invading earth from another dimension with an army of CGIs.
Both movies in addition had 6 heroes charged with protecting the world. 6 of which had to overcome their personal demons and individual differences in other to defeat the enemy
To crown all this, was that there was an all powerful source of energy that was going to be used in destroying the world. In the avengers, It was the tessaract while in justice league, they were the cubes.
All this might just be coecidental or not. But it seemed like a Joss Whedon's effect in play.

In all my conversations with people, all I hear is that the main problem for justice league not meeting up to expectation was due to the fact that they had not made solo films for the heroes before bringing them together and hence, there was little to no emotional investment In the characters as with MCU. But I disagree to an extent because, DC characters need no introduction. We grew up to batman and superman. So again, they need no introduction and so the fault was mainly from a poorly written script.

Comments